About Calendar Snack
Calendar Snack was designed and developed to highlight the power of the calendar within marketing campaigns, and to showcase the 31Events platform. We decided to focus on a single time-based event, such as a webinar, product launch, special sales event – literally anything that is time sensitive with a defined Start and End time. What does Calendar Snack do?
Simply put, we focused on three things:
- Creating a Calendar Invitation
- Sending Calendar Invitations
- Counting Invites Sent & RSVPs Received (Invitation Responses)
Creating a Calendar Invitation
Our philosophy from the beginning was “make it simple” and don’t take someone out of their “work flow” if it’s not needed or required. That pushed us to use the calendar client (Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook) as the Event creator. It wasn’t the easiest approach, in fact, it would have been much easier to create another webform, but our assumption is you already have the event on your calendar, all you need to do is “invite” us.
So your calendar became our “create” engine. Create it on your calendar (or duplicate an existing event) where you are the Event’s organizer, and then just send us an invite.
Sending Calendar Invitations
Opt-in for email marketing has become standard practice for most companies. All those landing pages, pop-ups, banners, input boxes all over your pages are there for your customers and site visitors to take action. Calendar Snack is not different, we provide some basic webpage embeds you can to send someone an invite. Put in your email address, and get an invite.
The other approach for Calendar Snack is to leverage the power of your email marketing campaigns with a CTA link. We provide you a fully crafted and functional link you can use in your Mailchimp or Klaviyo email campaigns, or a form to build your own with merge codes. Use like you would any other link, send them to any landing page, and we will send them a calendar invite during the process.
Direct Sending of Calendar Invitations is another approach. The jury is still out as the best approach, and if sending a direct calendar invite is best, but we do provide the functionality to send to a limited number of direct email addresses. We have a special email inbox to receive your list, and once received, we send out your invitations.
Counting Invites Sent and RSVP Responses
Making it easy to create and send invitations is important, but the real power of Calendar Snack is the ability to see the numbers. This one answer has been a complete black hole for marketing professionals and event coordinators. Although the numbers are isolated to the activities within Calendar Snack, they are numbers you didn’t have in the past (or were very difficult to collect and track). We provide you the event’s activities – how many invitations were sent, the source to send those invitations, and the RSVP responses received. You can see these numbers online for your event, and also receive the raw data to analyze offline or within another application.
Who uses Calendar Snack?
We launched our Beta in January and the official version in March. Since them, we have seen events from around the world, and the users are as varied as you’d expect.
- Marketing Professionals
- Event Coordinators
- Product Managers
- Support Managers
- Training Coordinators
- Salespeople/Sales Managers
- Indirect Channel Managers
What types of Events?
Once again, it varies, but her are some examples:
- Online Training
- Tradeshows, Seminars
- Product Launch
- Indirect Channel Events (both online and offline)
- Small video conferencing meetings (private audience) via Zoom
- Crowdfunding Campaign Communications
- Wedding Announcement
- Parties, Award Ceremonies, Launch Parties
- Meetups (as a way to supplement what’s available on the Meetup Site)
Calendar Snack Versions & Pricing
- Our Snack Version is FREE to use.
- OEM – We can integrate the functionality of Calendar Snack for sending from a private domain or within an application. Pricing is based upon multiple factors. Contact us if you’re interested in investigating OEM options.
We like simple and easy to understand.
1. Calendar Snack is a service provided By 31Events, a TechVader, Inc company based in Denver, Colorado (USA).
2. There is no cost to create events, send invitations or view reports for a single event when managed via https://snack.calendarsnack.com
3. By using the site, you agree Calendar Snack is intellectual property owned by 31Events, including both the user interface (webpages) and programming/code associated with its operation. It has been created for your limited use, and no license is given to you, implied or explicitly, to modify, resell or otherwise claim your own property.
4. Calendar Snack or 31Events may communicate with you, via email. Including product announcements, technical enhancements, promotional offers, changes to policies or other communications not listed.
5. By using Calendar Snack, you agree to the following:
Don’t Spam. If we suspect you or your organization of spamming invitations through Calendar Snack, you will no longer be able to send invitations for any events created, past or future.
Don’t use Calendar Snack for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use.
Don’t use copyrighted material unless you have authorization.
Don’t use Calendar Snack to defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities
Don’t use Calendar Snack to send private or confidential information, this includes (but not limited to) your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
You agree, you are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, or information you submit via Calendar Snack.
In a nutshell,
(a) We own the code. You own your event’s data/information.
(b) We promise to provide a service to you (sending calendar invites and counting responses). You agree to use the service responsibly and legally.
(c) We reserve the right to refuse the service to anyone, based upon the above. You have the right to not use the service, or stop using the service at any time.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://calendarsnack.com, https://snack.calendarsnack.com and all its associated subdomains. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
• What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Calendar Snack collects and stores the following personal information:
1. Email Address (required for Event Coordinators and the sending of Event Invitations)
2. Name, First and/or Last (optional for Event Coordinators to collect)
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to send a calendar invitation and record/track RSVP responses to the calendar invitation.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as an email address), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We use Amazon AWS services to process and store data, and leverage the security features of their service to protect any sensitive data collected.
Access to Invitee email addresses are restricted to Calendar Snack personnel and the Event Organizer. Invitee email addresses are not shown on the Calendar Snack (Single Event Version) pages. Event Organizers can receive an email (only sent to the Organizer’s email address) with full invitee information, including name (if provided), email address, source of invitation request and RSVP status (if any).